But, I did manage to finish our taxes tonight, which is fabulous.
I will say,
We have decided to look at four or five more houses. Then, we are going to go back to the "dream" house without the kids and with a tape measure, so we can really get a feel for it. You know, spend some time to see how we would live in it and what it's shortcomings are.
We are also going to meet with the bank, to see what our options are and what sort of interest rate we are looking at. Otherwise, we have decided we can swing it moneywise.
And, I'm setting up a tour of the elementary school, just so I can see it.
I think we might end up buying it though. Hubby gets excited when he talks about it, which is completely out of character for him. So, he must really love it deep down.
It's the half-acre lot. Even houses three times more expensive don't have that much land, and none of the houses that cost less have even half as much. The lot is too too too good. And, combined with a great house and walkability, I think we might be foolish to pass it up. Moving is always hard. It wouldn't be easier in 1 or 2 years.
Okay I went back and reviewed. If it is truly a dream home for you, I say go for it, especially in light of interest rates. You will probably kick yourselves over and over in future years if you pass it up.
We could, but I'm not sure as a seller I would accept that. The market is too crazy. I would do contingent on financing and inspection, and make the closing date far out, then I would have time to put mine on the market and hope for an offer.